First Wedding Anniversary
1st Wedding Anniversary Traditional Gift: Paper
1st Wedding Anniversary Modern Gift: Clock
1st Wedding Anniversary Flower: Pansy
1st Wedding Anniversary Gemstone: Gold Jewelry, Pearl, or Peridot
1st Wedding Anniversary Color: Papyrus Yellow
First Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
You can let your creative juices flow when deciding how to encorporate some romantic tradition into your first wedding anniversary. Perhaps you could get a gift in a traditional colour, buy jewellry with a traditional gemstone, organise a surprise bouquet of traditional flowers, or go with a traditional or modern gift.
Here are some traditional gift ideas, based on the first wedding anniversary theme of paper, to get your ideas flowing.
1. Buy tickets to your spouse’s favourite theatre, musical, or sporting event.
2. Get a gift voucher for your spouse’s favourite store.
3. Purchase a book about one of your spouse’s passions.
4. Write a love letter or a poem, and have it professionally designed and printed.
5. Buy a painting.
6. Choose a frame for a favourite wedding or post-wedding photo of both of you.
7. Look through speciality stationary and gift stores for a unique diary or journal.
8. Buy a special photo album and document your first year together.
9. Get a gift un-related to paper, and leave clues written on paper around your home to it’s secret location.
10. Write a voucher for a special occasion, such as dinner at a nice restaurant, a movie, a massage etc.
Wedding Anniversary Traditional and Modern Gifts